PDA

View Full Version : Theme Marula & her cub

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-10-2014, 12:04 PM
I wanted to post a wide view of the habitat (dried river bed) where we found Marula & her cub lazing in the evening @ Timbavati.
1/800
f/4
ISO 1600
5DIII+70-200 2.8 II+1.4X TC III

Loi Nguyen
12-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Hi Sanjeeve, the comp works well here and shows how long the tail is. I find the image just a little flat, may be add a touch more contrast. Loi

Rachel Hollander
12-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Hi Sanjeev - They certainly like the dry riverbeds. Nice to see both mother and cub in one frame. Did you lighten Marula? Having spent a good amount of time with this leopard, I feel that she looks too light and yellow here.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-11-2014, 01:27 AM
Thanks everyone. Rachel I lightened her eyes a bit. The light was low/cloudy and hence seems kinda flat. Will try to re work according to suggestions above by all as see what it looks like.

gail bisson
12-11-2014, 07:13 AM
Lovely scene. The mother's ears look like lynx ears in this image!
I find it very difficult to process this type of image so will leave the PP suggestions to the experts!
I like the way her eyes are looking to her left ( like a sultry model)
gail

shane shacaluga
12-11-2014, 08:01 AM
Nice tranquil scene. Makes you want to take a nap alongside them. Nice composition and agree with the image needing a bit of a boost

TFS

Steve Kaluski
12-14-2014, 08:58 AM
Hi Sanjeev, a lovely sighting/encounter of mum & cub and the dry river bed makes a nice change of environment/habitat. I might have looked at getting a bit more tone into the river bed via the RAW converter and I wouldn't have lightened the eyes, personally I think they stand out too much. I feel often there is this addiction to do this, but you need to look at the light/conditions in the scene, if it's overcast then the eyes would be dull/flat unless light was direct or coming in from the side, but then one side maybe in shadow.

TFS
Steve

Anette Mossbacher
12-15-2014, 07:20 AM
Hi Sanjeev,

love the lazy bunch and again cats, geeez. I do not mind at all for the eyes, I like them, but this is just me, of course.
Overall very nice done Sanjeev. Agree with Steve about the tome of the river bed, could make a difference to let the cats stand out a bit more.

Have a great start into the week

Ciao
Anette

Morkel Erasmus
12-17-2014, 05:24 PM
Flat cats...:t3
You framed it well and the head-lift saves it for me. The eyes look fine to me - but I wasn't there...

Gregor Bergquist
12-25-2014, 04:34 PM
Hi Sanjeev

Very nice scene here. I love to see leopards out in the open. To bad it is in the shade, but it is very nice anyway.

TFS / Gregor