PDA

View Full Version : Southern Emu Wren

Ian McLachlan
12-10-2014, 05:43 AM
These tiny Wrens are about 6 cms long and their beautiful tails nearly twice that.This was taken on the southern cliffs of Kangaroo Island.I know the settings are a bit off but I was trying for a flight shot and he turned up 180 degrees away for about 3 seconds[excuse!] comments welcome.

1DX
300MM
F2.8
ISO2000
1/8000TH
HH
+.67

Marina Scarr
12-10-2014, 08:33 AM
OMG their tails are SO long and they are so adorable looking. Killer perch, BG and pose. Your bird is looking a little crunchy to my eyes. Not sure if it's a large crop or too much sharpening. How much space did you have and are you able to try a crop with the bird to the right of the frame a little to give more room to the tail?

Ian McLachlan
12-10-2014, 09:43 AM
OMG their tails are SO long and they are so adorable looking. Killer perch, BG and pose. Your bird is looking a little crunchy to my eyes. Not sure if it's a large crop or too much sharpening. How much space did you have and are you able to try a crop with the bird to the right of the frame a little to give more room to the tail?

Thankyou Marina actually I have not done much sharpening at all because thats what they look like especially round the 'streaky' head The crop is 50%.I shall move the bird over to and see what it looks like the right Thanks again

Gerhard Weldhagen
12-12-2014, 06:00 AM
Great shot of a rather secretive bird in our region! Looks a bit noisy in the background and the bird`s colour is a bit washed out, maybe a touch more saturation could lift this image even more.