PDA

View Full Version : Lenses not mounting(seating) correctly

James Parker
05-25-2008, 07:05 PM
I have a D2X and my lenses aren't locking in place. It was suggested I clean the mounting areas on both the lenses and the camera and I have done that but no luck.
I have narrowed down the problem to the lens release button. The button and the small post on the camera mount are so sluggish it may take 5 minutes for the button to pop out and lock the lens in place.
Dare I put a drop of lubricant on the side of the lens release button??? or on the post on the face of the mounting plate?? Jim

Robert O'Toole
05-25-2008, 08:10 PM
The lens mount lock pin is sticking this happens all the time. As long as it isnt deformed you can clean it with detox or something. I took my mount off and scraped the pin clean but you can do this chemically also. I would put any type of lube on it, unless you did this after you clean it and if you something that has the viscousity of grease and not machine oil. You dont want the lube contaminating anything.

Robert

James Parker
05-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Robert, I did as you instructed and the problem has gone away. Thanks, Jim

Robert O'Toole
05-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Great thanks for the update.

The sticky pin syndrome happens every once in a while. I always fix the problem myself rather than send the units in and have to wait and pay $75 for a tech to fix the problem.

Robert

Charles Glatzer
05-26-2008, 10:08 AM
BTW- it happens to Canon cameras and lenses as well :)

Chas