PDA

View Full Version : More Rain Please!

Loi Nguyen
12-07-2014, 11:35 PM
Image taken at drought stricken Salton Sea, Southern California this past August when a fluke rain came in due to a hurricane in Mexico. The owls seemed to enjoy the little bit of rain and spread their wings and feathers for a bath. The rain stopped too soon and this owl was looking for more.

1DX
500f4 II + 1.4X III
1/1000
f5.6
ISO-3200
BLURB bean bag from car window.
Removed a few branches and a green bush in the BG.

Thank you for your comments.

Loi

Tobie Schalkwyk
12-08-2014, 12:36 AM
I love it, Loi! Suitable theme too, he really seems to be begging desparately! :bg3:

Nice pose, detail & perch.

Marina Scarr
12-08-2014, 09:17 AM
Super image and behavior and love the story that goes with. Glad to see some raindrops and agree the owl looks rather desperate for the rain. That wing spread is just amazing.

Daniel Cadieux
12-08-2014, 11:14 AM
Sweet pose indeed, I love how it is looking up at the falling raindrops. That really was a special moment you witnessed and photographed. It looks like there may have been some work done on the BG and between the wing tip and right edge?

Loi Nguyen
12-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Sweet pose indeed, I love how it is looking up at the falling raindrops. That really was a special moment you witnessed and photographed. It looks like there may have been some work done on the BG and between the wing tip and right edge?

Thank you Daniel. There was a green bush on the right edge and it was distracting. I tried not to leave too obvious traces, but it was hard. Will need to re-do it. Loi

mohammad reza shahab
12-08-2014, 05:32 PM
sweet pose.I love the Eye.