PDA

View Full Version : Spotted Towhee

Diane Miller
12-07-2014, 04:48 PM
Caught this guy in the same scraggly fig tree as yesterday's dark-eyed junco. Canon 7D II, 600mm II, tripod, ISO 1600, f/8, 1/250. More DOF on the feet would be nice, but it was cloudy, limiting my options. I didn't want to go to higher ISO because of IQ (resolution drops as noise increases, and NR won't fix that), and didn't feel I could afford a slower shutter. I like how the head is separated from the body by the DOF. The BG is some fallen leaves that still had a little color and some grass sprouting from the recent rains.

Very basic LR adjustments. To PS to add a little canvas on top (doubling the amount above the tail), clone out a bright branch in the LR and lighten the perch. Noise was very slight but I did Nik's Define while I was there.

Vanessa caccamise
12-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Sharp where it counts, wish for a bit more DOF..love the colors in the bg!

keith mitchell
12-08-2014, 03:54 AM
Diane agree with your self critique re the dof,head and eye looks spot on as does the b/g.

Keith.

Marina Scarr
12-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Ageee on the DOF but love all the details in the bird and your BG is super and works well with this bird and perch.

mohammad reza shahab
12-08-2014, 05:42 PM
nice pose,BG colors and very good details.

Karl Egressy
12-11-2014, 08:39 AM
Having less DOF pot more emphasis on the head beak and the nice looking eye. I like it this way Diane.