Thank you very much for stopping by!

Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 40D
1/1000s @ f/4.5, ISO 400
Canon Speedlite, Better Beamer
Gitzo carbon fiber tripod with Wimberely head
Taken early evening

Arthur Morris
05-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Nice job of isolation and a nice clean BKGR. Also careful framing to avoid clipping the toes. From where I sit, the whites could go brighter. (Been there, done that...) Enjoyed meeting your wife at the Vero seminar yesterday. Hope that she took good notes.

Shawn Marques
05-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Shawn, re:

Amy was pleased with your seminar and she was taken by your sincerity.

Contary to popular opionion, I am a helluva nice guy but only those who actually have met me, know me, or have traveled with me know it. :)

Sorry I missed it!

Me too. I do look forward to meeting you somewhere soon.

Okay, about the whites- I'm a bit confused. Although the bird does come across a bit dull to me also, shouldn't the brightest white be about 242? So should it have gone higher in this case? Thanks!

YAW. I try to stay away from the numbers-I am not that smart. If the whites look a bit dull to you, then you can try to lighten them. One trick that might work for this image is to go into Selective Color, go to the white channel, and play around with reducing the blacks... Yes Virginia, there are blacks in almost all whites!

Great point taken... thanks a million!:cool:

Roman Kurywczak
05-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi Shawn,
Maybe a slight contrast boost on the whites??? Not fond of the right at you look.......but it is sharp front to back with a BG that makes it really stand out!

Grace Scalzo
05-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Techs aside, (not my specialty!), you got a reaction from me with this one...very comical with the head on view and spiky hair-do.

Shawn Marques
05-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Better? :)

Arthur Morris
05-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Yes better. I prefer the re-post. What say ye all?