PDA

View Full Version : Rooftops

Anita Bower
12-07-2014, 06:44 AM
I took this somewhere in Oregon on my train ride from Seattle, WA to Eugene, OR in October. I liked the shapes.

Nikon D300, Tamrom 18-200mm at 135mm, f5, ISO 500, 1/1600.

Basic adjustments; Topaz: DeNoise, Adjust, Detail; CEP: White Neutralizer, Graduated Neutral Density; High Pass (for bird); Textures:

Sky texture (http://www.flickr.com/photos/14516894@N08/3571325336/).
CoffeeShop Painting Texture 3 (http://www.thecoffeeshopblog.com/).

Cheryl Slechta
12-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Hi, Anita, this is great! I love all of the shapes and the texture that you chose. (And the bird!). I would probably remove the 3 or 4 black dots (small) from the texture - especially the one that's on the right edge close to the top corner. They are all on the right half of the image. Nice work:S3:

Anita Bower
12-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Hi, Anita, this is great! I love all of the shapes and the texture that you chose. (And the bird!). I would probably remove the 3 or 4 black dots (small) from the texture - especially the one that's on the right edge close to the top corner. They are all on the right half of the image. Nice work:S3:
Thanks! I've removed the dots.

Dennis Bishop
12-07-2014, 03:30 PM
Good eye and a very nice presentation. The blues and whites make a very nice color scheme, and the dark tones of the roofs, dome, shadows and windows contrast beautifully with the lighter tones. Nice choice of textures, too. It would have been great without it, but that bird is a wonderful addition.

Anita Bower
12-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Thank you Cheryl and Dennis. I didn't know the bird was there until I saw the image on my monitor. I now realize that one reason this image appealed to me, in addition to the shapes, was the combination of blue and white.

Mitch Carucci
12-07-2014, 05:02 PM
I like what you did here Almost monochrome. Looks more exotic than Oregon!

Anita Bower
12-07-2014, 05:06 PM
I like what you did here Almost monochrome. Looks more exotic than Oregon!
Thanks. It doesn't look like Oregon, does it?!

Nancy Bell
12-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Exotic was also the first thought I had when viewing this! Are you sure you did not sneak off to the Mediterranean :S3:? Wonderful how the textures and blues in the sky compliment the curves and chalky whites of the roof tops. Well seen and processed!

Anita Bower
12-07-2014, 05:36 PM
Exotic was also the first thought I had when viewing this! Are you sure you did not sneak off to the Mediterranean :S3:? Wonderful how the textures and blues in the sky compliment the curves and chalky whites of the roof tops. Well seen and processed!
Thanks, Nancy. Amazing what one can find right here at home. :S3:

gary ellwein
12-07-2014, 07:13 PM
A pleasing composition well seen. I like your texture selection. I wish the small patch of dark roof in the right lower corner was absent. Getting rid of it would be a PP challenge.

Anita Bower
12-08-2014, 05:33 AM
A pleasing composition well seen. I like your texture selection. I wish the small patch of dark roof in the right lower corner was absent. Getting rid of it would be a PP challenge.
Thanks for comments. I see what you mean about the lower right, and you are correct, it would be a challenge beyond my aspirations to get rid of it. I might lighten it.

Jackie Schuknecht
12-08-2014, 11:59 AM
I see Gary's point, but maybe if you had more to the bottom of the image you could add more? The sky texture and colour is wonderful as is the blue and white combination in the whole image, very soothing.

Anita Bower
12-08-2014, 02:14 PM
I see Gary's point, but maybe if you had more to the bottom of the image you could add more? The sky texture and colour is wonderful as is the blue and white combination in the whole image, very soothing.
Thanks, Jackie. I don't have any more at the bottom.