PDA

View Full Version : Vert Columbine

Roman Kurywczak
05-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Did this a few days ago after my first columbine post. Tried to position the blooms for a vert presentation. As in the first post..........everything including the BG was controlled indoors. Natural light in front of a bright overcast window........reflector (silver) and LED headlamp (to even out white tones) used with a Canon Mark 3 set at ISO 800 and f32 for 1/6 sec. BG is a letter sized print on matte paper of the gerbera leaf blurred.
As always, comments welcomed and appreciated!

Julie Kenward
05-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Roman, technically I think this is spot on. Artistically? I would love to see a little more of the green weaving in and out of the background. The flower has such depth to it and then the BG seems rather sterile (for my tastes.) A little lighter on the greens and I think that purple would really POP.

Again, that's just my humble opinion. But, then, I am a fanatic for green and purple together! :D

Robert O'Toole
05-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Love it Roman, the colors and comp are great. I would trim a little of the bottom maybe, i tried it with the browser window and you dont miss the extra space.

I like the BG color, but you have some major banding in the BG.

Robert

Robert O'Toole
05-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey most of the banding is gone now, oh well, did you repost Roman?

Either way it looks better.

Robert

Ed Vatza
05-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Beautiful image Roman. You seemed to have controlled everything very well. The background looks fine to me. And the flower is spectacular - very sharp and beautifully colored. And the drooping bud ob the lr just adds something nice to the image. Nice job.

Roman Kurywczak
05-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Hey most of the banding is gone now, oh well, did you repost Roman?

Either way it looks better.

Robert

Huh??? No repost!

John Cooper
05-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Another exquisite presentation of this columbine Roman - the lighting works beautifully - no nits from me!!!

Mike Moats
05-26-2008, 06:04 AM
Hey Roman, all I can say is, Perfect. Awesome details while maintaining a nice BG.

chad anderson
05-31-2008, 12:29 PM
very nice. Super details, composition, and bkgrd