PDA

View Full Version : The Toss

Shantanu Ambulgekar
12-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Hello All,
This image of Painted Stork I clicked it some time back. I hope you will like it. Critics and comments are most welcome. I was so focused to capture the toss that I missed to take full bird in the frame. That is a mistake on my part.
I need a guidance for touching up of eyes. Step by step process if any one can explain.

Exif details-
canon 7d, Canon 100-400mm IS USM
f-stop - f/7.1
exposure time- 1/1600 sec
ISO-200
exposure bias- 0 step
metering mode-spot
Flash used - no flash

Regards,
Shantanu

Diane Miller
12-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Great timing! A wonderful catch for both of you! You obviously didn't have time to zoom to get more of the bird in the frame, but I think you cold crop a little tighter from the right to emphasize the head. I'm not sure how far I would crop -- leaving just one leg looks a little strange. A different option is to crop just ahead of the front leg and take a little more off the bottom.

keith mitchell
12-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Pity about losing some of the bird but what you have got more than makes up for it, great mid air fish.

Keith.

Stu Bowie
12-04-2014, 08:21 AM
Hi Shantanu, well timed to capture the fish between the bill, and since you havent got the whole stork in the frame, I would crop just behind the 'front' leg. It would change the entire image for the better IMHO.

These guys look very similar to our Yellow-billed Storks.

Tobie Schalkwyk
12-05-2014, 12:44 AM
An action moment well captured Shantanu! I love the detail & sharpness and the wites were kept well in control. I support Stuart's cropping suggestion.

Shantanu Ambulgekar
12-05-2014, 01:42 AM
Thanks a lot Tobie. Will keep it in mind.

Regards,
Shantanu Ambulgekar

Shantanu Ambulgekar
12-05-2014, 01:43 AM
Thanks a lot Stuart.For sure will follow your advice.

Regards,
Shantanu Ambulgekar

Shantanu Ambulgekar
12-05-2014, 01:45 AM
Thanks a lot Diane.
I agree with your comments on legs. Will try to crop as per your suggestions.

Regards,
Shantanu Ambulgekar.