PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Plover

Henry Domke
12-02-2014, 09:18 PM
Walking the beach on Sanibel this afternoon I noticed that one of the Peeps looked a little different; it had more distinct markings by the face. I looked closer and found that this little puff ball was a Snowy Plover. I've not seen them very often.

I squatted down as low as I could go without laying on the wet sand and fired off several shots while hand holding the camera.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Canon 1DX
600 II+1.4X TC
f/11
1/2,500 sec
ISO 2,500
Manual Exposure
Hand Held
Processed with Lightroom 5 & Photoshop CC

keith mitchell
12-03-2014, 03:36 AM
Henry"Walking the beach on Sanibel this afternoon "I am green with envy one of my favourite places, that is a smashing looking bird, very well done getting this fine shot.

Keith.

Karl Egressy
12-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Lovely lithe shorebird. Well done.

Diane Miller
12-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Very nice, and the detail held up very well at that ISO. Is it a crop? It needs some CCW rotation and I'd love to see more room on the left and the complete reflection. It can be frustrating sometimes to have just a little too much focal length.

Henry Domke
12-03-2014, 02:58 PM
Is it a crop?.
This is full frame. Thanks for the suggestions!

Daniel Cadieux
12-03-2014, 07:52 PM
He he, I'd be all wet and sandy from crawling all over the shoreline:t3. Beautiful subject, congrats on the sighting. I agree with rotation, even if the beach was sloped as presented. I like the seashells neatly littering the ground.