PDA

View Full Version : Singing in the wind

Gerhard Weldhagen
12-02-2014, 07:26 AM
This little male Superb Fairy Wren (Malurus cyaneus) was trying his best to sing to the ladies whilst hanging on to his perch during a strong gust of wind. Canon 1DIV, 600 f4 IS + 1.4 TC on tripod, ISO 800, 1/2000, f 6.3. Basic workup in CS6, thanks for looking.

Daniel Cadieux
12-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Cute fella, and judging by the pose it is about to give it his best shot at singing (but reading your description I see it is simply hanging on tight!) I like the BG and overall colours. This could use a tighter crop IMO, but at this size I think it needs to be a tiny bit more left of the frame. I also find the subject oversharpened as posted.

keith mitchell
12-02-2014, 11:47 AM
Agree the bird looks a bit lost in such a big frame, the b/g is nice and I like the singing pose, the feathering on these birds almost look artificial and scaly if you get what I am trying to describe, and does give the impression of being over sharpened ,so not so sure about that one. You did very well to get this shot out in the open Gerard.

Keith.

Karl Egressy
12-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Love the pose and colors.

Satish Ranadive
12-03-2014, 02:09 AM
Beautiful image. Nice pose, beautiful colors and backdrop.
Agree with Daniel Sir,about tight crop.

Regards,
Satish.

John Robinson
12-05-2014, 07:49 PM
To me this is absolutely fine as it is- a tighter crop might help a bit but no big deal . Theseare so exotic that they allways look unatural and sharp to me.
JohnR