12-01-2014, 05:40 AM
7D MK II
500mm II
1.4X

ISO 800
1/640 sec.
f/8
fill flash

The background is snow on the ground and I decided to brighten it a bit for a high key look. Hope you like it.

Raybel Robles
12-01-2014, 02:37 PM
I really like this image. Tack sharp, and the all white background is refreshingly new for this type of birds, usually we get all green. The red berries also stand out nice against the white.

David Salem
12-02-2014, 01:07 AM
Very nice looking high key shot of this good looking little guy. Nice pose with the raised crest. The berries add a nice pop of color in what would be a pretty monotone frame. Well done

Jonathan Ashton
12-02-2014, 04:22 AM
It really is a lovely shot, I think I just may be tempted to lower the brightness on the snow a little, the berries and the bird are excellent.

Tobie Schalkwyk
12-02-2014, 06:00 AM
Nice sharp focus where it counts most. Interesting how shallow DOF f/8 produces at 700mm FFE.

Daniel Cadieux
12-02-2014, 08:29 AM
I like this a lot!! As a fan of well done high-key images this one ticks my boxes. Love the look-back perky pose. I can only suggest a bit more room above, if you have it, to fully include the top-most berry plus a bit of space.

Jim Crosswell
12-02-2014, 05:03 PM
I like the raised crest, high key look, berries, sharpness and composition. I think you missed the part of the BG above the perch and between the feet when you brightened it. Beautiful image Gary.

Gary Hamilton
12-03-2014, 02:11 PM
I like the raised crest, high key look, berries, sharpness and composition. I think you missed the part of the BG above the perch and between the feet when you brightened it. Beautiful image Gary.

Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions. You're right Jim, I did miss the space between the bird's feet. I'll clean that up and tone down the background a bit as per comment above when I finalize the image.