PDA

View Full Version : Lazy Lion

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-30-2014, 09:34 AM
This mall lion (Scar Face-posted earlier) looked up lazily as we approached him in our vehicle. The light hitting that left eye was gorgeous allowing some nice details to be captured.
5D III
500 II
1/1600
f/7.1
ISO 800

Gunjan Puri
11-30-2014, 10:54 AM
lovely
the light in the left eye is the eye catching.

is it Gir ?

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Thanks Gunjan, this was in South Africa. Timbavati To be precise :t3

Steve Kaluski
11-30-2014, 12:28 PM
Hi Sanjeev, I agree the light is nice and the posture is typical of a fat, sleepy lion, seems you may have interrupted his siesta.

Sometimes it's hard to see grass stems in the view finder, however I do feel they are a little distracting because of where they are placed. If you had the opportunity to move left, this I think would have helped, as it seems he certainly wash't going anywhere. I do like the light (especially in the eye) and the way you have retained the lights and darks which helps to retain the form. If this is FF, then a bit more DoF might have helped, but not a killer. Remember, the closer you go, the more you need. :w3

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
11-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Hi Sanjeev very nice control of shadow and light .
Eye is stunning . Agree with Steve about the grass stem , but remember a leopard with a grass stem right across the face of the master from his recent trip :t3.So no deal breaker , even if not ideal and if possible to have moved to the left in the field would have been better , but easy to say from my chair.
Very nice detail and color on this one and i repeat you are making your way in PP work :cheers:.

BTW i have not seen an Asiatic lion looking that good :w3 :2eyes2:.

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
11-30-2014, 03:36 PM
True Andreas.

if possible to have moved to the left in the field would have been better , but easy to say from my chair.

If I saw it in the viewfinder, or on the back of the screen when checking for comp, I would move subject to other vehicles, I'm not one for staying too long in one position unless for a very good reason. Also in mentioning it, then in a similar instance Sanjeev may change position and get 'the shot'. :S3:

Andreas Liedmann
11-30-2014, 03:52 PM
100 % Steve , i am with you :cheers:

Rachel Hollander
11-30-2014, 03:55 PM
Hi Sanjeev - love the light hitting the eye and the nice detail you have brought out. Colors and tones look good too. Steve has covered the field techs well.

TFS,
Rachel

edwardselfe
12-03-2014, 08:31 AM
Yeah - the grass is a bit distracting but the light in the eye makes up for it. I would still have taken the shot. there's a bit of blue in the legs that you could remove, but not a big issue.
Ed