PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please scratch my itchy belly ?

Andreas Liedmann
11-29-2014, 01:43 PM
Hi all , it is very difficult to find a follow up image after getting that many good comments for the previous one .
You think well , i cannot post the same quality , so i looked and found this one again , wanted to post this already some time ago .

I like this because of the dreamy house cat behavior of this big guy . Well fairly big guy.

Image taken in KTP close to Melkvlei WH .The lions have been hanging around all day , just sleeping and moving from on shade to the other . Was a bloody hot day .

EOS 1Dx
Ef 200-400 IS L at 560 mm
Window bracket with Gitzo fluid head .

F 5,6 ; Iso 800 ; 1/1600 sec , should have stopped down a bit for more DOF !!

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC , slightly cropped for comp from all sides .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous image.

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
11-29-2014, 04:59 PM
Hi Andreas - Definite house cat like behavior. I like the pose and excellent details. I do find my eye drawn to the brighter bg above the lion. I would consider darkening or burning the highlights there a bit.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-30-2014, 06:51 AM
I like the pose, the clarity and details on the lion with nice eye contact. Toning down the BG is a good idea, but no deal breaker.

Steve Kaluski
11-30-2014, 12:15 PM
Hi Andreas, like the change of perspective on this and the fun element.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
11-30-2014, 12:48 PM
Thanks Rachel, Sanjeev and Steve for swinging by and leaving your comments , much appreciated .

For me there is no need of toning down the BG , it looks quite real as it was . So it stays this way .

Thanks again andreas

gail bisson
11-30-2014, 02:36 PM
Fun image!
Good IQ. Just wish the lion was isolated and that we couldn't see the other lion on the RHS.
Agree on a bit more DOF.
A very appealing image,
Gail

Andreas Liedmann
11-30-2014, 03:11 PM
Thanks Gail agree about the other lion , but the lioness did not go away , so i thought well i take the chance to get the sweet pose simply ignoring her .......... :bg3:.

Cheers Andreas