PDA

View Full Version : One more of the same stream

subramanya_ck
11-29-2014, 01:04 PM
ow,

This one is the same stream shot from a different and much lower angle. Exif details are as below:

Canon 5D Mark III and Canon 17-40 L on Gitzo
Manual Exposure
Focal length : 17mm
Aperture : f/11
Shutter speed : 4 minutes using Tiffen 10-stop ND filter
ISO : 100

Comments & Suggestions are most welcome..

Diane Miller
11-29-2014, 02:02 PM
This is a very nice point of view, and a gorgeous softening of the water! I'd be tempted to remove the one squarish rock in the FG. A slight crop from the left to eliminate the brighter area at the edge would serve to frame that edge with the darker tree. My eye also goes to the small blue area in the far upper right -- I think I'd clone it to match the rest of the sky, or maybe it would look more natural if there were a bit more of the sky.

dankearl
11-29-2014, 06:41 PM
You did a nice job, the water and falls look good.
I think a tad faster SS would look better to get more detail in the falls, but it is a personal preference.
i would tone down the bright sky spot in the middle at the upper edge.

Don Lacy
11-29-2014, 08:19 PM
Nice view unlie your other image I think you need just a touch more sky as the falls look crowed up against the frame

Don Railton
11-30-2014, 11:08 PM
Looks good to me... Beautiful soft water... I agree with Don in that a little more sky would improve for me also and that square rock does look out of place IMHO. My only other comment is that I think you might have lightened the sky with indifferent masking as there is that blue remnant in the corner and also a lot (but not all) of the light shining through the tree has a blue tinge to it. Its something I would fix... well done though..

DON

subramanya_ck
12-01-2014, 04:02 AM
Thank you All... I will try including bit more sky here and eliminate the bright sky patch from the top- middle of the frame..

Andrew McLachlan
12-01-2014, 08:13 PM
I like this view more than the previous post. Agree on a little more sky and the squarish rock. Having seen this view point I am now wondering if you created any abstract-type images with just falling water and the rocks at the base of the cascade. I love the color of the water below the falls.

subramanya_ck
12-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Thank you for your comments Andrew. I do have an abstract version of the falls. Will process that and post soon