PDA

View Full Version : Damselfly nymph

Jonathan Ashton
11-26-2014, 05:53 AM
Aquarium in polystyrene light box, two flash guns tripod Canon 1DX Canon 180mm macro, ISO 100 1/125 sec f16
This was a tiny predator, I didn't realise I had got one in the tank at first so at the first opportunity I took this shot. It is resting on a rotten plant stem (I will have to find a nice piece of water logged bark:w3)
All C&C welcome.

shane shacaluga
11-26-2014, 07:48 AM
Lovely image. Very striking yellows on the brown background. Nice and sharp with lovely details. Especially the digestive system or other internal structure

TFS

Steve Maxson
11-27-2014, 01:00 PM
Nice sharpness and detail on your damselfly - some of the damselflies are very interesting with their "see-through" bodies! You might tone down the bright areas on the right side of the frame as they tend to draw my eye away from your subject. All the tiny bits of debris in the water (most noticeable on the right side) will give folks an idea of what we underwater photographers are up against - even when the water looks very clear to our eye. :S3:

MiroslavMaric
11-28-2014, 04:51 AM
Hi Jonathan. Like the light and natural colors. The sharp details of nymphs body looks great. Would like to see the shot with head in the first plan of POV. TFS.

Cheers,
Miro

Jonathan Ashton
11-28-2014, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the feedback, I did try to optimise orientation but he wasn't playing and scooted off!