PDA

View Full Version : Theme Portrait of a Giraffe

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-25-2014, 11:36 PM
I had posted a similar image earlier in a different pose. The giraffe's head was parallel to the sensor here and that gave me a nice composition to highlight the textures and the lovely morning light help bring out some detail. I liked how the Oxpeckers eye can be seen between the horns. In the earlier image, the OP's back was facing the camera. Reduced the magentas, reds and yellows a bit.
7D
500 II
1/1250
f/6.3
ISO 400

Rachel Hollander
11-26-2014, 08:46 AM
Hi Sanjeev - Nicely processed with good detail and tones. Nice warm light too. I did not notice the oxpecker until I read your comment and went looking for it. I was drawn to the eye and the face.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
11-26-2014, 05:21 PM
Hi Sanjeev just a simple Giraffe portrait , but very well processed and the hidden OP is a nice bonus , but i think without reading i may have overlooked the little bird .

I like the inclusion of the greenery on LHS , but if this works for you , i would remove the greenery behind the head on RHS .

TFS Andreas

gail bisson
11-27-2014, 06:10 AM
I saw the oxpecker immediately and love it.
Good IQ and so nice that you got a catch light in the eye. It is very hard to get a giraffe eye with a catch light in my limited experience.
Good head turn.The vegetation frames his face nicely without blocking it.
My only question is did you reduce the yellows too much? He seems browner than the giraffes I have encountered but this could be regional variation. I am by no means an expert on giraffe coloring!:S3:
Gail

edwardselfe
11-29-2014, 02:32 AM
Great, simple image with lots of interest in the giraffe, op and foliage. I would have missed the op too.
Ed