PDA

View Full Version : The Dew Necklace

Shantanu Ambulgekar
11-25-2014, 02:02 PM
Hello All,

Macro image of a rose Leaf with stack of 5 images.
I was on birding tour and in the morning I woke up early. We were suppose to start our session by 9:00 AM in the morning. I was having time so I started looking for something nice to capture and this small rose bush caught hold my attention.

Exif -
Canon 7d with canon 100mm IS f/2.8 L Macro lens.
f/2.8,1/250 sec, ISO-640,No flash.

John Robinson
11-25-2014, 03:52 PM
Thats beautiful !! Only a small personal choice- I would crop ( or maybe clone out) to miss the bright spot bottom left corner.
Great image.
John

Steve Maxson
11-25-2014, 04:47 PM
Welcome to the Macro forum Shantanu! All those water droplets are great and you have nice light and colors! The image seems a little oversharpened to my eye so you might try backing off a bit on the sharpening. You might also try making a selection such that you are only applying sharpening to the in-focus parts of the image - this should help to smooth out the look of the background. Just a couple tweaks for you to experiment with. :S3: I hope to see more of your work here in Macro!

Shantanu Ambulgekar
11-26-2014, 12:55 AM
Thanks a lot Steve and John for your valuable comments.
Will definitely try to keep those suggestions in mind.

Regards,
Shantanu

Anita Bower
11-27-2014, 07:09 PM
This is a beautiful leaf, with luminous water drops. Well seen. I like the deep red and how nicely it stands out against the green bg. The left part of the image distracts me a bit from the beautiful leaf that is the main subject. What do you think about cropping from the left, and then cloning out those lower sharp water drops? Just a suggestion.

Diane Miller
11-30-2014, 01:25 PM
I love shots like this! Anita's crop made me think of this in-between one. I might take even a little more off the left.

I would like to see the droplets on the far right be sharp.

Shantanu Ambulgekar
12-05-2014, 02:22 AM
I agree with you Anita.
As this is a image created out of stack ( merged around 3 or 4 images) to get all the water droplets in focus.
I am little weak in cloning however will try for sure.

Thanks for suggestions.

Shantanu Ambulgekar
12-05-2014, 02:25 AM
Thanks a lot Diane.You are Correct about the far right droplets. I would also, but missed on those droplets. Will check if I am having any image with far right droplets as sharp.

Regards,
Shantanu Ambulgekar.