PDA

View Full Version : Red and Yellow Detail

Anita Bower
11-24-2014, 07:34 AM
I don't know what flower this is; I didn't see a label at Longwood Gardens. I took this photo just for fun because of the quirky nature of the flower's details.
Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro, tripod, f9, ISO 160, 1/8 sec.
Edited in Elements 10: cropped, cloned, Levels, High Pass Filter, Topaz Detail, Topaz DeNoise.

Jerry van Dijk
11-24-2014, 04:26 PM
They are lovely! I like your composition very much with the way the flowers are aranged in the frame. Colors are great as well. I would have liked a little more DOF, but that's no dealbreaker for me.

Steve Maxson
11-27-2014, 12:40 PM
Hi Anita. Nice to have you back here again! Very interesting flowers, cool colors, and I like your comp. For my taste, I would prefer a little more DOF, but that is subjective and I'm sure others will love this as presented. :S3:

Anita Bower
11-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Hi Anita. Nice to have you back here again! Very interesting flowers, cool colors, and I like your comp. For my taste, I would prefer a little more DOF, but that is subjective and I'm sure others will love this as presented. :S3:
I, too, would have liked more dof. Thanks to all.

MiroslavMaric
11-28-2014, 04:46 AM
Hi Anita. Like the composition and color tone. Simple and great macro shot! DOF is ok for me. Just to check I would like to see the version with a little bit more canvas around all sides. TFS.

Cheers,
Miro

Anita Bower
11-28-2014, 06:19 AM
Hi Anita. Like the composition and color tone. Simple and great macro shot! DOF is ok for me. Just to check I would like to see the version with a little bit more canvas around all sides. TFS.

Cheers,
Miro
Thanks for your comments.

Phill Luckhurst
01-08-2015, 12:47 PM
I've never been good at shooting flowers never getting a nice composition. I really like this shot, it is giving me ideas for my next outing.

Anita Bower
01-08-2015, 01:41 PM
I've never been good at shooting flowers never getting a nice composition. I really like this shot, it is giving me ideas for my next outing.
Thank you. Hope you get some good images.