PDA

View Full Version : The Humbling River

shane shacaluga
11-24-2014, 05:18 AM
This image conjures up everything I imagine when I think of the Amazon Jungle. The roofed boats was gently floating by with the vast jungle vegetation as a backdrop. The image was taken from quite a distance so details in trees are not too good but I like the overall look.

D800e
300f4 + 1.7x TC
f6.7
1/1600
ISO 800

Straightened the river edge and cropped a bit on the left to move the boat off the centre a bit more

Thanks for your comments

Don Railton
11-24-2014, 11:27 PM
Hi Shane

First thing I noticed is the blue cast over the image and I think you could pull the blues back about 10 points (based on very few samples with the colorPic tool). I think that would turn the jungle green into an even more lush green colour... I like the lazy feel the boat provides..

DON

Morkel Erasmus
11-25-2014, 04:16 AM
Nice simplistic image design here, Shane.
I agree that it looks a tad too blue/cyan, and I also think you could get more out of the treeline by burning the shadows and dodging highlights slightly.

shane shacaluga
11-25-2014, 06:26 AM
Thanks guys

will try that when i get home later ;)

Andrew McLachlan
11-27-2014, 10:37 PM
Hi Shane,ditto on Don's critique of the color cast. A nicely captured scene. i would have preferred the boat's roof not merging into the river bank but you have to work with what you have at the time and you did well with the comp. Nice work!

Don Lacy
11-29-2014, 08:26 PM
Hi Shane, get the color right and create just a little more contrast and the image would really shine

shane shacaluga
12-04-2014, 04:19 AM
Thanks for all your comments guys

Apologies I have been unable to repost until today due to other commitments

Here is a reprocessed image with blues adjusted and more contrast added

Let me know if this is an improvement on the original

Thanks again for your help

Don Railton
12-04-2014, 05:54 AM
Hi Shane.

Sorry, but I still think you have a problem with the colour... I still see a blue cast. I quickly tweaked the OP to what I though was close, What do you think???

regards

DON

shane shacaluga
12-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Hi Don, the greens do look greener but now i think I see a magenta cast on the sand and boat.

I guess its a tricky one but thanks for the repost

Regards

shane shacaluga
12-04-2014, 11:08 AM
One more try exaggerating the removal of blue and enhancing the greens and yellows

Maybe a bit overkill but i think the blue cast is gone