PDA

View Full Version : Another one from Tadoba

Sadananda Koppalkar
11-24-2014, 01:46 AM
This pic is from the same sighting I had posted earlier. She walked beside our jeep, stood in this posture and crossed the road and disappeared into the bushes. This was last sighting from our trip. This was a sighting of my life time because she marked the territory on 2 different trees and roaring when she was just 10ft away from our jeep. This left us (I, my wife and daughter - 5yrs old) completely mesmerized. It is the best moment of my life in wild.
Behind the tiger is Wild Basil plant which produces a very pleasant fragrance and gives a soothing feeling as we breathe in fresh air. These are found plenty in Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve.

Camera: D7000
Lens: Nikon 200-400 f/4 VRII
EXIF: SS 1/125, ISO640, Av f/4, FL 330mm
Shot at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve - Maharashtra (India)

Critics and comments are most welcome.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-24-2014, 02:17 AM
Congrats on the awesome sighting. Its a bit tight below. I like the tones, colours, the pose of the tiger. I only wish the tar road was not there but I have been to Tadaba a few times and I know the constraints we have there. I am glad you and your family enjoyed it.

Shantanu Ambulgekar
11-24-2014, 03:16 AM
Awesome sighting Sadananda. I guess she is Maya if I am not wrong. Very well captured.
I wish, I could see full of her including the tail.
Also, if you can apply some noise reduction to the background, this image will be much more fantastic compared to the current one.
TFS

Regards,
Shantanu

Neil Burton
11-24-2014, 05:36 AM
Awsome tiger shot. I would prefer to drop the brightness of the greens in the BG as I find it competes with the tigress herself. **** of a sighting!!

Steve Kaluski
11-24-2014, 07:04 AM
Hi Sananada, great to see people physically seeing these animals appose to, in a book or in this case, here.

It's a little tight at the foot, if you have more space below great. Agree with Neil, just tone the greens down a bit, but I do know it can be very vibrant depending on the time of year. A bit more ISO to gain a tad more SS would be good as mentioned previously and with Nikon, it's not an issue cranking up the ISO. Like the 'resting' body posture, but the angle sadly doesn't quite convey the size of this cats feet, they are awesome, even the pugmarks are unreal, but that's a very small side issue. If it was me, I might loose that trailing piece of vegetation on the under belly.

Keep them coming Sadanada, good to give some African cats a run for their money :S3:.

TFS
Steve

John Robinson
11-24-2014, 01:01 PM
Brilliant Tiger shot indeed ! Something I will only ever see in a book I,m affraid or in pics like this., but there we are. Looks a teeny bit bright on my gear but no big deal-probably the angle of my head to the screen!
TFS
JohnR

Sadananda Koppalkar
11-24-2014, 11:22 PM
Thanks to every one for the comments and feedback. Really helping me to get new and better perspectives. Yes Shantanu she is Maya :)
Yes loosening a bit below the foot would enhance the image but sadly couldn't click that way as I was so much engrossed with it's sheer sighting. Most of the time I spent looking at it rather than clicking (This happens most of the times with me when I sight tiger)... Hope to get over this habit over the period of time ..:bg3:
About the greens, yes I shall surely try out reducing the brightness selectively and apply the noise reduction this will surely make Tiger more prominent in the pic.
Thanks Steve loosening the trailing piece under the belly helps enhances the pic.

Steve Kaluski
11-25-2014, 02:39 AM
Thanks Steve loosening the trailing piece under the belly helps enhances the pic.

Hi Sadananda, just remember it's your call on the manipulation of the image, yes it helps, but it just depends on how you feel about the content removal. :w3 You are enticing me back to Ranthambore. :bg3:

Morkel Erasmus
11-25-2014, 06:57 AM
Great sighting, and good to see the whole body (one thing the road is good for - our African cats also love walking in the roads in our reserves).
You've already received some good advice/critique here Sadananda. Feel free to also critique some of the other threads here on the forum - we can all learn from each other.

Andre Pretorius
11-25-2014, 02:57 PM
Hi Sadananda

I have yet to see this cat in the wild. To me this is the ULTIMATE predator, solo and larger than our lions. (wonder how they would do in Africa..?)
Agree with techs, good advise from Steve.
May you never be not engrossed by the sightings, it is too special...