PDA

View Full Version : Theme Textured Animalscape

Steve Canuel
11-23-2014, 11:35 AM
I really liked the backdrop of this photo but the first thing I notice is that big clump of old, dirty fur stuck on the side and how it contrasts with the new, clean coat. Taken around 7 pm on an overcast day. Not sure where the edge lighting on the chest came from as there was no sun and the light was behind me but it's there in the RAW as well so I left it as is. 5DMK2, 1-400L, f6.3, 1/400s, ISO 2000, HH, full frame, processed in PSE 10.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-23-2014, 12:07 PM
Steve, a very beautiful image, nicely composed with lovely environs. The detail on the fur is superb. TFS.

Nancy Bell
11-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Beautiful Mt. Goat image with the soft backdrop of layers of mountains. Good head turn towards the viewer. I am guessing this is Mt. Evans. What month & week did you take this? I would like to time my visit this coming year to photograph these goats in fresh coats, minus the matted pieces. Although in this image that matted clump makes an interesting contrast.

Neil Burton
11-23-2014, 02:38 PM
Nothing to dislike here, great detail, colours and overall pleasing composition. I like the matted fur too!

Rachel Hollander
11-23-2014, 05:20 PM
Hi Steve - great comp with the landscape behind. I might crop out the white edge along the top. It looks good in a screen crop. Lovely detail in the whites. I think you can achieve a bit more separation if you darken the rocks slightly, especially at the rear of the goat. Easy tweaks to an already excellent image.

TFS,
Rachel

Jamie Douglas
11-23-2014, 09:58 PM
Great image Steve and loving the expanse of the landscape. Really captures the mountain environment.

P.S I am sure there is a joke about pushing sheep to the edge of a cliff but I wont share it here :)))

Steve Kaluski
11-24-2014, 03:49 AM
Hi Steve, agree, the backdrop & setting makes the image. Like the layering effect due to the colours, tones & hues, they work extremely well. Also the fact that, overall you can appreciate the vast expanse of of this location and the incredible vista. I think having the hint of white sky at the top also adds to the scene. Good detail and sharpness, you feel like you want to go and scratch & remove those last remnants of matted fur/wool.

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
11-24-2014, 04:50 AM
A beautiful shot I love the composition and the detail in the fur is excellent. I don't know if you took any more at shorter focal length but I f you did I would like to see one.

Andre Pretorius
11-24-2014, 01:37 PM
Hi Steve

Agree with all the suggestions made here, the bit of sky adds some depth, in two minds to leave or crop out..
Love the bit of old fur, adds to the image.
HA works for me.
UPS is screaming, power up, have to go....

Andreas Liedmann
11-25-2014, 02:19 AM
Hi Steve , this is sooooo nice !!
Love the backdrop with its layers of colors /hue and luminosity . Very nice detail in the subject .

Very well done in the field and at the computer :5. TFS Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
11-25-2014, 07:05 AM
I love this, Steve! Great animalscape indeed.
The sky also adds for me, adds depth and context to the scene.
Well done :cheers:

Gabriela Plesea
11-29-2014, 10:27 AM
Wow Steve, this image has an amazing 3D feel and the colours are just superb! The bit of old /matted fur adds a lot of interest:w3 Superb capture, nice eye contact from the subject, love the way you processed and presented this, sharpness is also there, this ticks all the boxes for me-very very well done Sir:cheers:

Kind regards,