PDA

View Full Version : Brugmansia

Ron Conlon
11-21-2014, 09:52 AM
An unopened Angel's Trumpet flower, emphasizing how hairy these flowers are. The plant is inside now and fills the house with its scent every evening.
30 images (perhaps excessive, but is a large flower, and it was at an angle) stacked in Zerene. D5100 200mm f9 1/200s remotely fired flash, tripod, camera tethered to laptop with Helicon remote to identify the exact near and far focus points, but the stack captured by manuallly changing the focus.

John Robinson
11-21-2014, 11:45 PM
Superb detail Ron- excellent!
maybe to include the whole flower would have been good, but no big deal
John

Ron Conlon
11-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Thanks, John. I agree that the composition is weak, but went this direction to put emphasis on the hairs. A shot like you describe should work in a large print--beauty from a distance and crazy hairy close up. I think the plant is done for the year, so will keep it in mind for next.

Nancy Bell
11-22-2014, 04:07 PM
The details of those tiny hairs is phenomenal! And those graceful curving edges of the flower add a very lovely component. From large context to the very small.

Diane Miller
11-23-2014, 11:46 PM
Excellent choice of composition for a close-up! I love the detail and tonalities!

Anita Bower
11-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Wow! Excellent work! I admire your patience. Beautiful color. Wonderful details. Great composition. The flower stands out nicely against the black. I'd clone out the few little dirt spots so you would have a perfect image.