PDA

View Full Version : Flower abstract

Desmond Chan
05-25-2008, 10:40 AM
This is from a flower on the table in a coffee shop where I had my coffee break. I photographed it with a Fujifilm F40fd in "text" mode, one of its fully auto macro modes.

Comments welcome and will be appreciated !!

Roman Kurywczak
05-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi Desmond,
Your positioning of the Stamen (or is that the pistle???) is very good........maybe a hair more right to put it in the ROT (rule of thirds) spot might improve it but overall this is very pleasing! My only recommendation is to tone down the brighter spot in the upper right quadrant.....but just a bit.......the subtle contrast of yellow are very nice. Not bad for a coffee break!

Robert O'Toole
05-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Cool abstract, I like the sea of yellow effect. I would like to see the subject facing into the frame though. Otherwise good.

Robert

Julie Kenward
05-25-2008, 08:11 PM
And for me, I'd love to see it a little bit lighter around the darkest area. I think that gradual change of color would really pull my eye down into the pistol.

John Cooper
05-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Hi Desmond - nice to have a photogenic subject supplied with your coffee :D
Interesting composition resembling a vortex in progress!! I also would like to see just a little more light around the 'hole' to invite the eye down inside, but great effort under the circumstances and top marks for seizing the opportunity!!!

Desmond Chan
05-26-2008, 12:15 AM
John, it wasn't buy-one-coffee-and-get-a-flower-free though :)

Thank you all for the suggestions !

Mike Moats
05-26-2008, 06:02 AM
Hey Desmond, I like the image as is. I don't mind the far left position, and I really like the colorwash on the right.

Gus Cobos
05-28-2008, 08:06 PM
I like it the way it is too...:) Congrats a fine image and composition...:cool:

Steve Wheeler
06-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Lovely image... Would be interesting to see it with a tad more light around the darkest area, but I really like it as is.