PDA

View Full Version : Grist Mill - Babcock State Park, WV

Jeff Maw
11-19-2014, 02:43 PM
Good Afternoon,

I am usually a Bird Photographer but I took this picture on a trip with a friend mostly interested in Landscapes. C&C welcomed.

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/jmawnster/15355700928/player/" width="800" height="533" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" oallowfullscreen="" msallowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Nikon D7100
ISO 100
F16
70mm
.4 Seconds

dankearl
11-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Classic looking photo.
Nice color, nice SS, I would like to see it larger.
Well done.

Don Railton
11-20-2014, 08:48 AM
Hi jeff, looked at this earlier in the day and did not get a chance to comment.. I think it's a great image, iconic American type barn nicely set against the river. Classic as Dan suggests. Don't see barns like that here... No niggles...

Don

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave Mills
11-20-2014, 11:22 AM
Nicely framed and pretty. My only nit would have been adding a bit more to the bottom.

Don Lacy
11-22-2014, 07:22 PM
Wonderful scene and image, agree with Dan on having a bit more non the bottom but still I would be proud to have this in my fiiles

Andrew McLachlan
11-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Hi Jeff, you should do more landscape photography!!! Beautiful scene as is and very nicely processed. A little more room on the bottom would help the cascading water from looking slightly cramped, but does work effectively as is too! Very nicely done...looking forward to more!

Morkel Erasmus
11-25-2014, 05:46 AM
I like the composition and scene very much.
I do think some of the colours are oversaturated and you clipped the red and yellow channels - a delicate colour balance adjustment should sort that out (tweak the reds to cyan and the yellows to blue). I do wish you posted bigger though...

Feel free to chip in other threads as well!
:5

Diane Miller
12-01-2014, 09:46 AM
It is a lovely classic scene, but it is the sort, especially in what look like soft light, that I find most pleasing with slightly lower contrast (thus, saturation). Just a little. It also has an overly tone-mapped look that works against the subject, for me. Going back to the raw file should give you some interesting alternative interpretations.

It is also posted with AdobeRGB color space, which will show false colors for some browsers and monitors. sRGB is the common denominator for most of your audience.