View Full Version : Eider

William Dickson
11-19-2014, 08:07 AM
Canon 7D Mkii
f/4 500mm with 1x4iii
f/6.3
1/2000
ISO 500

I captured this eider yesterday whilst trying out my 7D Mkii. The RAW file was processed using DPP(my first attempt at using DPP).:e3 I finished the processing using CS6. Does anyone know when Adobe will be upgrading DNG Converter so that it will be compatible with 7D Mkii files?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for having a look

Steve Kaluski
11-19-2014, 09:02 AM
Hi William, PSCC/2014 is running 8.7, likewise LR is running 5.7, so depending on how you get your software may depend on how soon you are able to convert the files, i.e. through Adobe CC you should have no problem today.

Like the low POV and angle of the subject, nice profile. Just watch your Highlights and the Blacks/Shadows, I might just selectively adjust them, likewise adding a bit more sharpening bring out the detail nicely and the bill is crisp.

TFS
Steve

David Salem
11-19-2014, 09:53 AM
What a great looking duck and I like the pose captured. Would love to see one some day. I like the shot but just wish the sun was a bit more behind you as it had left some shadows and kept the blacks blocked.
I agree with Steve on a bit more sharpening but a nice start with your new toy. Keep em coming.

Nancy Bell
11-19-2014, 12:57 PM
Very nice capture of this handsome sea duck, low POV and nice head turn. I agree that you could try to get more detail out of the blacks, especially on the head.

arash_hazeghi
11-20-2014, 02:46 AM
I like the low angle and the HA but the blacks have no detail. the whites on the neck are blown, you may try to recover them

TFS

Shawn Zierman
11-20-2014, 10:53 AM
It's an exposure nightmare duck! Great low angle work, and I like the head angle and double catchlight. The warmth of the image is very nice...though I'd bet that water wasn't warm :)

Bob Smith
11-20-2014, 04:56 PM
What a magnificent bird---a beautiful image Will.