PDA

View Full Version : JUVI GBH

J. R. Weems
11-15-2014, 08:01 PM
First time ever seeing a Juvi Great Blue Heron. Found in the upper bay of the PRIME HOOK WLR of Delaware. :)

http://www.fototime.com/6630F0E63808EB8/large.jpg

arash_hazeghi
11-15-2014, 09:10 PM
I like the pose and display of habitat nicely depicted, something is wrong with processing though. details on the heron look coarse, there is a lot of noise and colors are off, the best I can describe it is that it looks like a watercolor painting. check our digital and ETL forums for more resources on processing and how to get a good output from your RAW

TFS

J. R. Weems
11-16-2014, 12:24 AM
Well thanks for the advice. Been to that section but didn't see anything about post processing. I just tend to present things as they are found with out adding much in the way of how they could look at an enhanced level. The resources you speak of seem to escape me in the forum you speak of.

arash_hazeghi
11-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Hi J.R.

the resources are unfortunately a bit scattered but I'm moving this thread to the ETL forum, I am sure Diane and others here will provide a lot of great feedback. you can post the original image without out processing and see what other folks come out with. for most part I would avoid doing extreme exposure adjustment or too much sharpening

best,

Sandy Witvoet
11-16-2014, 05:25 PM
Hi J.R.! Welcome to BPN! I always enjoy seeing GBH's in their environment and you managed to capture this one without all the "stuff" in front of him. Like the pose, but feel he could a tad of "head-room" and even a bit at the bottom here. I will agree with Arash. I've not seen a Heron look this intensely reddish/orange. It will be quite helpful if you can include the camera settings...and the original image will be helpful too. TFS!