PDA

View Full Version : Common Grackle female

Bill Dix
11-15-2014, 05:37 PM
Lest I short-change the distaff side, here's the female Common Grackle. Although she doesn't show as much iridescence as the male posted recently, I think she's quite handsome. I generally bang on the door to chase them away from the feeders, but glad I got some close-up looks at them to moderate my opinion.

D7000, 700mm, ISO 2000, 1/2000s @ f/7.1 manual, fill @ -2.0 EV.

John Robinson
11-15-2014, 05:46 PM
Thats a nice looking bird Bill ! Love the way the perch goes in and out of the shot too. Bird nice and sharp and nicely posed. Previous one looked a little "off balance "!!
Cheers
John

keith mitchell
11-16-2014, 03:48 AM
Bill I know they are a common bird on your side of the water, but looked at closely they really are a lovely bird, you have made the most of sheen on this female, pin sharp and a great smooth bg,would be very pleased if it was mine.

Keith.

Geoffrey Montagu
11-16-2014, 10:20 AM
One more in a detailed series of this beautiful, sometimes nuisance bird. In this instance I don't mind that she fills a good part of the frame. Gives us the opportunity to examine her remarkable details.

Geoffrey

Stu Bowie
11-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Hi Bill, the thumbnail doesnt do this justice. Great IQ and light, and you have exposed this perfectly. The Grackle is sharp, and I do like the colour of the BG.