PDA

View Full Version : Theme How do i get rid of heavy load the easiest way ..... shake it baby !!

Andreas Liedmann
11-15-2014, 01:16 PM
Hi folks , coming back with a dirty image .
I enjoyed watching some White Rhino having a good time in the mud , it was very short , due to one other tourist who messed up my shooting , by getting out of the car and walking on foot towards them (on the road) . Was just enough to make them all run away , there have been 7 of them around the mud pool .
I yelled at that guy , that he should go back into his car , and he was asking me why !!!! " is it dangerous he asked ??!! "

So in the end i had to quit the session , because all rhinos , went off quickly and did not want to come back , tried again 1 hour later , but no success.

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
EF 70-200 IS L 2,8 at 200 mm
HH

F 8 ; Iso 800 ; 1/1000 sec

Processed with Capture One Pro 8 and PS CC ; slight crop for comp

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread .

Cheers Andreas

Mike Herdman
11-15-2014, 01:25 PM
Sorry to hear about the "other" person ruining a good photo opp...It happens and just crazy how some people will act.

I love the image...great lighting and detail...almost want to jump in and take a mud bath...almost!

Mark Needham
11-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Awesome action captured here Andreas. Rhinos are just great to watch when they are in the mud. Lovely DOF and detail captured here; no suggestions for changes. Shame about the other stupid tourists who spoiled the sighting for everyone. I am hearing about more and more of these types of poor behaviors by others that are ruining sightings, stressing the animals, and giving all of us a bad name. Such a shame.

Gabriela Plesea
11-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Hello Andreas,

Lovely textures and colour on the mud, excellent sharpness and detail, those bits flying - what a bonus! Glad I wasn't there though, the tourist in question would regret being there:2eyes2:, I would do everything in my power to ban him from all National Parks.
Every time I see a rhino image I wonder how long before a poacher learns of its existence...

Well captured, processed and presented, nice DOF, well exposed, ticks all the boxes for me:cheers:

Have a great Sunday,

Nancy Bell
11-15-2014, 07:14 PM
Couldn't be better!! Awesome POV, action, mud textures, details!

Yes, it is amazing how stupid and thoughtless people can be.

Andre Pretorius
11-16-2014, 03:29 AM
Hi Andreas

Nice comp and DOF. Rhino very sharp, image well processed. ( that mud can be very blue sometimes:bugeyed:..)

It looks like it is the tip of the horn flying!

The stupidity of Man is something we have deal with always.

Well done Mr BE!

Rachel Hollander
11-16-2014, 08:27 AM
Hi Andreas - This is great. I love the low pov and the flying mud. Excellent tonal range and processing. I added the "Theme" prefix because I certainly think the textures you have brought out qualify for this month's theme.

TFS,
Rachel

Carl Walker
11-16-2014, 10:33 AM
A great image oh far one. I remember discussing this experience with you whilst you were here. Nothing I can add to above comments - all good as usual:S3:

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-16-2014, 11:38 AM
Fascinating image Andreas, Love the POV, the mud covered rhino trying to shake it off and the excellent details and textures! Congrats. Sorry to hear about that stupid person spoiling the opportunity! He ought to be banned :-)

Andreas Liedmann
11-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Thanks to all of you guys for your kind comments , much appreciated by me .

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
11-17-2014, 03:50 AM
Hi Andreas, excellent, works very well, cool position, and you can feel that sticky mud just oozing.

Some parts/elements I do feel are a bit light, getting a some more tonal range/depth in the colour does help, i.e. FG mud, RHS of the Rhino as viewed, but my taste.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
11-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Thanks Steve for your comment /suggestion , appreciated .
Yes your taste :w3, this time not mine . Sorry Maestro , hope it does not hurt

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
11-17-2014, 11:50 AM
That's fine, just all personal taste.