PDA

View Full Version : Tender moment..

Andre Pretorius
11-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Mother Cape Fox with pup, Southern Kalahari. Maybe he is trying to find out what she had for breakfast:t3
Early morning, had to deal with side light.
Loved the low angle, but that means one has to dodge the grass stems to get a clear view of subject, some present on subject.
Would have loved to have more DOF to get tail in , but the light came at a premium...
Removed one grass stem in front of her left front leg.

Nikon D3S with 600F4
1/1600 @ 6,3
ISO 2800

Mark Needham
11-15-2014, 12:40 PM
One of your best, Andre. Just love the interaction here - tells quite the story. Nicely handled in PP. Maybe one more round of sharpening on their faces?

Mike Herdman
11-15-2014, 01:40 PM
Adorable interaction...very nice image...I like the low angle shot...I would have liked to seen the tail in better detail. ;)

Andreas Liedmann
11-15-2014, 03:23 PM
Hi Andre , very lovely shot of these two .
The intimate scene between mum? and youngster is full of emotion . Well done in getting this , i specially like the look up and the tongue sticking out .
Colors and tone are looking good to me , luckily no plugged blacks :bg3:.Very good detail and no need for more sharpness on the face , for me .
Ps : i do see no chance with your big glass getting the tail in focus too , at that short distance

So my friend good job done , both in field and with Mr TK :c3:.

TFS Andreas from Germany ( or incognito Mr B.E. from SA )

Andreas Liedmann
11-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Hi Andre , just looked in PS , watch the histogram on RHS :w3 and think if you could do something .

Andre Pretorius
11-16-2014, 03:11 AM
Hi Andreas

Did push the histogram in first try, seperate channels. When I redid the image the image, did not push it?
Tried it now with the jpg to see the effect- image much more brighter! Used all channels..

WDYT?

Andreas Liedmann
11-16-2014, 07:26 AM
Hi Andre looks better in first place .......... but when taking into PS you see you clipped the HL in the green and the blue channel :eek3:.

I took your OP and treated the channels individually with levels , plus linear curve selectively to subjects at 80 % and 40 % to the rest of the frame . Finalized by a mid tone lights curve layer set input 50 % and output to 60 % to give the mid tone some slight more depth in tone.

Hope you understand what i am talking about !!!

Cheers and great sunday , how is your 500 performing , are you making friend with the new boy ? Or are you still addicted to the really big gun ?

Andreas

Rachel Hollander
11-16-2014, 08:24 AM
Hi Andre - What a tender moment. Nice pov. I agree with you about the dof but not a deal breaker by any means and I don't think you could have gotten it with the conditions you describe. I think I like your rp in pane 7 the most but you and Andreas were both there and know the light and scene better.

TFS,
Rachel

Carl Walker
11-16-2014, 10:40 AM
Hello Squire - As I mentioned in the email I love this and the interaction captured. I prefer the OP:w3

Andre Pretorius
11-16-2014, 12:37 PM
Thank you Andreas, Rachel and Carl!

It is so interesting how different preferences are...

Thank you Andreas, will do that with next image. The mid tone lights is TK selection?
The 500 has only been for 1 test drive in garden, overcast all the time.
Still miss the old BIG guy...

Will have to visit Carl to really put the new kid to the test..

Andreas Liedmann
11-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Yes as always (90 % of the time ) i use TK masks . from time to time i create my own , or modify the TK mask how i need the mask to be .
And remember sometimes masking the mask can be the key :w3.

And yes preferences differ , none is better than the other as far as i can say

Steve Kaluski
11-17-2014, 03:39 AM
Hi Andre, a tender moment nicely captured, well do.

TFS
Steve

BenBotha
11-17-2014, 05:52 AM
Lovely moment. Nothing to add to other comments.

Ben

Morkel Erasmus
11-19-2014, 07:27 AM
One of your best indeed - such a sweet moment and that little tongue makes it.
Your repost is my favourite :cheers:

Andre Pretorius
11-19-2014, 11:39 AM
Thank you Steve, Ben and Morkel..