30th @f11
70% of frame.
High pass filter sharpening.
Thanks for looking.
JohnR
small bits of white poo removed.

Jonathan Ashton
11-15-2014, 06:40 AM
Good detail in the caps, good to see them surrounded by moss, very often the background can be messy.
Round here there are very few fungi about, having said that I spotted two this morning whilst out with Barney, so I may get them tomorrow...... if there is a little light!

MiroslavMaric
11-15-2014, 02:52 PM
Hi John. I enjoy in this frame. Like the composition, details, light and colors. TFS.

Cheers,
Miro

Nancy Bell
11-15-2014, 04:35 PM
Having the details in both the mushrooms and the moss makes this a superb & very engaging image. The stacking worked very well. The strong contrasting colors also add great impact.

Jerry van Dijk
11-16-2014, 03:55 PM
Agree with all said above! Details and the contrasting colors of the subject and BG make this very special! One point for improvement is that you could better have added one or two more images to the stack to get those last remaining OOF bits of the BG in focus. The OOF bits now slightly distract from the interplay between subject and BG, and they do not seem to completely fit the natural falloff of focus.

OvidiuCavasdan
11-17-2014, 02:16 PM
I like this a lot! Nice details and colors. Well seen and good technique.

Steve Maxson
11-17-2014, 02:20 PM
Hi John. A very colorful and pleasing looking group of mushrooms. I like the slightly off-center comp and the moss background is a plus. Jerry makes an interesting point above about the stacking. Now that I look at the image more closely, some of the softer areas of the moss look a bit "smudgy." I'm wondering if this is an artifact of the stacking process? Maybe a couple more shots in your stack could have made the difference and made everything sharp? You might consider trying to open up the blacks a bit. Overall, this is nicely done!

Satish Ranadive
02-14-2015, 10:34 AM
Spectacular image of beautiful mushrooms with superb colors and details and nice composition.

Regards,
Satish.