PDA

View Full Version : Splashing good time!

Jay Tan
05-25-2008, 04:58 AM
Little Tern leaving the water after getting his fish in a big splash. These little terns are about to reach breeding season and are seen regularly at a local canal. The female will wait by the bank and the male will go around fishing for her. I wish I can show u the entire fishing sequence but I think I can only post one image. Let me know if I can do otherwise. Thanks for looking! :)

1DM2N, 300mm+1.4xTC, f/5.6, 1/1600

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3245/2528706272_635a8b9041_o.jpg

Daniel Cadieux
05-25-2008, 06:35 AM
I wish I can show u the entire fishing sequence but I think I can only post one image. Let me know if I can do otherwise. Thanks for looking! :)

Sorry Jay, the only time more than one image is allowed is a repost of same original one (for educational purposes). You could always post a link of the sequence - the ones interested will go looking for it.

As for your image, you got some wicked splashing action going on! The face is all clear, and they prey clearly seen. Wish the eye was more visible (catchlight?) The orange bill and legs look good against an otherwise B&W looking image. Looks like it could go for some CCW rotation.

Jay Tan
05-25-2008, 06:48 AM
Thanks Daniel. I was a little unsure about the horizon. To leave the water splash slightly slanted or the background water lines..have rotated CCW abit. :)

Arthur Morris
05-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Hey Jay, I have been loving your tern images and that includes this one. Great job on the EXP and the fish capture. And it's great that the face is clear of all the splashes.

Jay Tan
05-26-2008, 11:02 PM
Hey Jay, I have been loving your tern images and that includes this one. Great job on the EXP and the fish capture. And it's great that the face is clear of all the splashes.

Thanks Artie. Really appreciate your feedbacks. I have been taking alot of tern images recently, will be sharing more slowly. :)