PDA

View Full Version : Variegated fairy wren

Ian McLachlan
11-13-2014, 03:02 AM
These little wrens are not rare but do not come out in the open very often.This was taken in soft evening light in the outback of NewSouth Wales and has a very nice feather colour range at least for around here.Comments welcome.

MK4
600mm MK2
ISO2000
1/3200

keith mitchell
11-13-2014, 03:14 AM
Ian the plumage on this bird looks great( the ones I have seen have always had that scruffy look) , love the simplicity of this shot, been really picky and hardly dare mention it on such a fine shot would like to see just a little more on the bottom if you have it (just a personal thing of course), it really is an superb image, I'm green with envy.

Keith.

Marina Scarr
11-13-2014, 08:14 AM
What a little stunner with lovely details and colors!!! Cool pose and perch with a nice clean BG. I would burning the vegetation if you can

Jonathan Ashton
11-13-2014, 08:40 AM
Beautiful image excellent colour tonal range wonderful details and a great pose. There is just a tiny bit of leaf showing centre at the base, I would be tempted to remove it, I try not to read previous comments but I agree on toning down the perch a little.

Satish Ranadive
11-13-2014, 09:41 AM
Magnificent image of beautiful bird with wonderful colors and fine details.

Regards,
Satish.

Doug Brown
11-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Love the pose, eye contact, and intense splash of blue. Excellent detail. Another vote for cloning out the bit of vegetation at the bottom of the frame (and possibly the yellow thing on the left side of the perch). I don't mind the brightness of the perch on my monitor.

Bill Dix
11-13-2014, 11:32 AM
Absolutely stunning little bird, beautifully captured. Good techs, pose. The simplicity of the perch and bg make the bird stand out. I agree about the oof veggie at bottom center. Personally I like the little ladybug -- makes one wonder if the bird is about to eat it.

Daniel Cadieux
11-13-2014, 12:33 PM
Yes, the ladybug needs to stay! I love the pose and the perch is good too. I like the suggestions you've received already.

William Dickson
11-13-2014, 02:09 PM
All been said Love it :S3: Well done Ian

Ian McLachlan
11-13-2014, 04:41 PM
Thanks to all for suggestions.Will carry them out . The Ladybird, as we call them are a favourite, in Aus. so she might stay as Daniel and Bill suggest.