PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Meadowlark

Joseph Przybyla
11-12-2014, 07:01 PM
I captured this image along Joe Overstreet Road this afternoon. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm (600mm FFE)
1/2000 F/8 Matrix Metering 0 EV ISO 640
Post processed in Lightroom 5 and Photoshop Elements 10
Cropped for composition, image captured from inside the car through an open window

David Salem
11-13-2014, 12:11 AM
Great looking classic Lark frame and the perch is exactly what you find them on, so I don't mind that it's not natural. The techs and details look really nice in this one and the BG is beautiful. Great eye contact and catch light.
I might be tempted to add a few more points of black to this, but it looks pretty sweet as is. Well done.

Marina Scarr
11-13-2014, 08:17 AM
This is such a super image, Joe. It all came together nicely with a good pose, background, light, colors and you can see the tootsies!!!

Jonathan Ashton
11-13-2014, 08:36 AM
A well balance image, in a classic pose and very complimentary colours throughout. Everything appears to be in sharp focus and you have used a fast shutter speed, there is something about the plumage though I was expecting more fine detail. Detail seems apparent in a curve from the leg to the throat yet much less so in other places. Is this the light angle, possibly just a slight reduction in the brightest elements would reveal a little more detail?? What do you think??

William Dickson
11-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Very nice Joe. Lovely colours, HA and pose. Thanks for sharing

Daniel Cadieux
11-13-2014, 12:30 PM
A nice view of the large feet that are adapted for living on the ground most of the time. Perfect head angle and nice green BG. I think a point or two more reds in the overall color balance would work well as it is borderline cyan-ish in parts of the plumage. Nicely done overall!

Joseph Przybyla
11-14-2014, 11:10 AM
Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting.

Jonathan, I think the feathers on the back are smooth and tight so the fine detail would not show.