View Full Version : Great Tit

William Dickson
11-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Canon 5DMkiii
f/4 500mm
f/5.6
1/1000
ISO 2000

This is another from my trip to Speyside at the weekend.

Thanks for having a look

Ian Wilson
11-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Beautiful work William - very tasteful. The bird 'pops' nicely with superb details and apprehensive look. If you are not averse to altering the image, I would remove the twig from in front of the bird's chest. Well done, Ian.

David Salem
11-13-2014, 12:03 AM
I like the lookback pose and the bird really pops against that BG well and it has lots of nice feather detail in it. The techs look good. I agree with Ian about the branch. Nice frame.

Steve Kaluski
11-13-2014, 03:56 AM
Hi William, cracking little shot and the blacks look spot on. :bg3:

Nice detail, clarity and sharpness, as mention, the look back pose works. Would agree on the 'manipulation' action, would help the image and overall look. Personally I think you could afford to back off a little on the NR and perhaps add say +5 of saturation, although colour looks faithful in both subject and tree. Think I know where you were, did you borrow the lens or have you bitten the bullet? Nice work.

TFS
Steve

Marina Scarr
11-13-2014, 08:18 AM
Absolutely killer work on the bird. It's got amazing colors and feather details. Exposure is spot on. It's the perch that is simply overpowering and distracting to my eyes for such a gorgeous little creature.

Jonathan Ashton
11-13-2014, 08:31 AM
That's a cracker William, beautiful and accurate colours in the plumage, I don't mind the perch, I agree it isn't perfect but nature isn't is it? I think it looks very natural and pleasing.

William Dickson
11-13-2014, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated. Here is the image with the wee twig removed.

Steve, yes, bit the bullet :S3: The image was captured at the car park area near to the Osprey Hide at Loch Garten

Steve Kaluski
11-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Steve, yes, bit the bullet
Good for you, a great investment and don't worry if it gets wet, it can take it, just get some camo Lenscoat for it. :cheers: :cheers: Now, sell the 7D and get the MKII and you will be all set. :w3 Just remember to keep the IS ON and the Mode is correct, check the focusing range hasn't been knocked/likewise the Manual/AF, the latter being the obvious when you are swearing & cursing that it is not AF's. :w3

Daniel Cadieux
11-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Excellent. I love the inclusion of the tree trunk at right. The repost kicks it up a notch with the trimmed twig. Very nicely done.

arash_hazeghi
11-13-2014, 05:46 PM
good pose and details, repost is better but the tree trunk in the Bg is still a bit distracting