PDA

View Full Version : Madikwe Dawn

Morkel Erasmus
11-11-2014, 05:32 PM
Cleaning up my archives, I came across this one. Taken before sunrise while heading out on a game drive in the Madikwe Game Reserve, North West Province, South Africa.

Techs:
Canon 1000D
Canon 10-22mm USM @ 10mm
f3.5 | 1/400 SS | ISO-400

Dvir Barkay
11-11-2014, 06:11 PM
Neat shot, the sky is very nice with subtle tones, I also like the haze around the lower hills, it adds a mood. Seems a bit noisy? I don't know, maybe its me.

Don Railton
11-11-2014, 11:25 PM
Hi Morkel

Beautiful sky, nice colours... Not sure if you could lift the FG slightly without noise, that would have been my preference. I am guessing not possible else you would have done that...? I see a little patch of noise in the sky LHS border just above the skyline (sloppy masking??) but the majority of the sky looks good to me. What's this Canon doing in your hands...

DON

Jerry van Dijk
11-12-2014, 05:35 AM
Very appealing image. I like the leading lines of the clouds and the wide tonal range in the colors in the sky. I do think the image is a bit too dark overall. Especially the dark UL corner is a bit overpowering IMO. An easy fix I think that will improve this already very nice image.

Morkel Erasmus
11-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Thanks guys.
Probably a tad underexposed in camera to begin with - will try to brighten it up some more and deal with the noise.

Andrew McLachlan
11-23-2014, 11:02 AM
Hi Morkel, I like the comp as is but do wish the foreground was a touch lighter...not sure if you can bring it up though.