PDA

View Full Version : Another tiger image!

Saurav Mahanta
11-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Its the same tiger which I had posted a few days back. This time it was walking straight towards us. Late evening in Nagarhole National Park, India.

Specs: f4 600mm ISO2000 1/125 (1Dx 600II CS6 MBk)

Mark Needham
11-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Love this one, Saurav. Low angle, eye contact, open mouth, subject is well-lit, and nice separation of the subject from the BG. In a perfect world, both ears would be upright, but animals seldom cooperate. This might work nicely in a B&W/mono too.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-10-2014, 01:16 PM
Superb image with lovely HA and eye contact. Crop works well showing the typical Nagarhole habitat with those tall trees in the forest. TFS.

Morkel Erasmus
11-10-2014, 03:42 PM
Vertical composition was the right choice here, Saurav. Did you crop that way or frame it vertically in the field?
I like that you caught the tiger being nicely framed by the trees forming a V behind it - any earlier or later would have the trees "growing out of its back".
I think this will look much better larger, you can post up to 900px high :w3
:cheers:

Rachel Hollander
11-11-2014, 09:24 AM
Hi Saurav - This works well with nice colors. The vertical comp was definitely the right choice here and I like that even though vertical you included a good amount of habitat.

You will get more comments and quickly become a part of the community if you in turn post comments on other people's images. We recommend posting on at least 3-5 other images each time you post your own image. It is also the best way to get the most out of BPN.

TFS,
Rachel

Carl Walker
11-12-2014, 08:14 AM
Hi Saurav - Lovely image and well composed. Agree with many of comments above.