PDA

View Full Version : Dunnock

John Robinson
11-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Dapper little Dunnock (Hedge Sparrow/Hedge Accentor)
From Garden hide
D7000
Sigma 50-500mm
70% of frame.
640 ISO 125th @f8
EV down one.
PaintShop Pro 7
Image Guru.
Edge preservinf smooth
Droppings and small blurred tit inback removed.
Thanks for looking and last image comments.

JohnR

Bill Dix
11-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Gorgeous fall colors (that's colours, to you), great perch and pose. I don't mind the HA since he seems so preoccupied with whatever he's after. Lighting on the bird is wonderful and makes him stand out from the lovely BG. Great detail on the head. A fine image all around. And a new bird for me; thanks for sharing it.

Ron Conlon
11-07-2014, 06:58 PM
There is a real richness to this shot, John. And it has your usual liveliness with environment. Liking this one a lot.

John Robinson
11-07-2014, 07:33 PM
Thank you both. Your comments mean a lot to me as I do strive to get the kind of result you seem to have noticed. Probably the only thing I will ever achieve but worth it ! It certainly doesn't work all the time.!
One of my subsidiary ambitions I suppose has been to show new folks to the pastime that you don't need expensive gear to get likeable results,- despite what is often said. For example I cant keep count of the number of times I,ve read of the Sigma 50-500 being rubbish.! Admittedly I take it to bits about three times a year to clean the dust off the front element. I couldnt even afford the VR model and it cost me about £600 some 8 years ago, but it does me ok and you can see what itcan do by the pics. Not had a bad run I suppose !My pp processing software came free with a computer magazine !!
Cheers
JohnR

Ron Conlon
11-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Money doesn't buy composition, color or interest. Nor the knowledge and persistence required to get a shot like this.

Marina Scarr
11-07-2014, 10:24 PM
You really have tremendous details here, John. I like your perch, the pose and esp seeing the tootsies. Pleasing color palette as well.

christopher galeski
11-08-2014, 08:16 AM
good capture John,loverly colors,like the perch,good detail.

Geoffrey Montagu
11-08-2014, 09:08 PM
One of your best IMO, John. The colors on the bird and BG are wonderfully rich. Very well done.

Geoffrey

John Robinson
11-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Thanks again .Appreciated.
Funny how birds feet always seem to look too big !!
JohnR