PDA

View Full Version : Albuquerque New Mexico

gary rouleau
05-24-2008, 10:59 PM
We had snow yesterday and a beautiful sunset.

Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Lens (mm): 600
ISO: 100
Aperture: 7.1
Shutter: 1/400
Exp. Comp.: 0.0

Cheers
gary

Valerio Tarone
05-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Nice colours, I think ripetitors are un ugly suibject! Only to be sincere.

gary rouleau
05-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Valerio, I do agree with you towers are ugly. Trust me I didn't put the towers there, but I have the power to remove them. Unfortunately only artificially.
Cheers
gary

Roman Kurywczak
05-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Hi Gary,
You sure did have weather drama. I think a little more PP work would help this as the FG is a hair dark and the sky could use a little boost to define the stormy clouds a bit more. Agree with Valerio that the antenna aren't the nicest subject and in this case they almost got lost in the sky. you can bump up the image resolution to almost 200KB while saving for viewing and that may put back more detail! Hope you got out and shot some more.........but I know the light doesn't last long!

Robert Amoruso
05-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Hi Gary,

I am OK with the towers. May not be pretty, but in this setting in this particular weather, I feel the other-worldly look suits them. I would agree with Roman on opening up the mid-tones some more.

Vincent Grafhorst
05-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Hi Gary,
This is very special and well captured. I actually think the image with the towers is much stronger. As a main subject they would not work, but I do think it makes this image much more interesting and gives it a focus point.

Gus Cobos
05-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Hey Gary,
I like your original post. It conveys a certain mood...:cool: I would open up the mid-tones just a tad...:) Congrats, nicely done...:D

Paul Marcellini
05-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Wow, love the mood here. I see detail all around, no need to bring any exposure up from my view. I think the darker foreground helps anchor it.