Jonathan Ashton
11-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Taken from garden hide Canon 1DX Canon 500mm f4 Auto ISO 1000 1/1600 sec f7.1
I had to do two "fixes" - any ideas??
All C&C welcome.

John Robinson
11-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Hi John
Adding the niger could be one and I can't think of another- maybe added canvas ?
I think I would have gone for a vertical with one or two teazel heads Maybe one higher than the other. Just my thoughts
Cheers
John

keith mitchell
11-07-2014, 05:05 AM
Jonathan the only little point I would make is that you can see all that Niger seed, I bore a hole in the top making a cavity then fill it with seed which works very well, your bird looks lovely.

Cheers Keith.

Steve Kaluski
11-07-2014, 05:52 AM
Did you stitch two images together?

Jonathan Ashton
11-07-2014, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone.
This is what I did:
1. The eye in this shot was completely flat so I cloned one from the previous image taken in this burst of 3.
2. The gap between the central and right hand side teasel was much larger so I used the rectangular marquee tool, copied the RHS selection and then pasted it closer to the central head. Then I used the patch tool and brush tool to get rid of the junction. Then cropped accordingly.
I did put niger seeds on the heads, boring a hole in the top is a very good idea - I will try it.:c3:

Steve Kaluski
11-07-2014, 07:46 AM
2. The gap between the central and right hand side teasel was much larger so I used the rectangular marquee tool, copied the RHS selection and then pasted it closer to the central head. Then I used the patch tool and brush tool to get rid of the junction. Then cropped accordingly.

That's why I asked if you had stitched it, as the are two faint lines a centimetre to the right of the middle teasel, going up then another off set again, might not be the same area though. :bg3: Jon if you are using PSCC2014 then you can achieve a far better blending to match both structure & colour.

Miguel Palaviccini
11-07-2014, 10:01 AM
Wonderful image Jonathan. I might take a look, as mentioned above, at a vertical crop of just the finch and his perch.

Jonathan Ashton
11-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Steve I use CS6, I could have made a better job really but it is not an image I would use because of the eye in any event. Miguel, yes I agree a vertical would work well.

Tim King
11-08-2014, 08:46 AM
I really like that BG. I'd sprinkle the niger on the other side out of camera view.

mohammad reza shahab
11-08-2014, 03:08 PM
very nice image.great BG,perch and pose.lovely light.

Binu John
11-08-2014, 04:53 PM
Excellent setup, Jonathan! Love the colors, pose, perch, light and BG! Excellent PP too. Agree with the suggestions re vertical crop.