PDA

View Full Version : bufflehead takeoff

Enrique Patino
11-05-2014, 07:32 PM
to me these kind of images have been the hardest to get with my beloved 7D. Now with the 7D2 just out of the box, I can certainly feel the diff with tracking ... and frame rate :)

I wanted ISO 800 and shutter 1/1600, knowing it would be well underexposed. Very cloudy day. I wanted to see how it tracks with low light.

For this frame I guessed at converting it with DPP 4 because CR2s are too now for adobe. I corrected for at least one full stop of exposure - maybe more, and ran a couple of NR runs on BG on PS with neat image. I might have overdone it. Cant wait for a day with decent light.

7D2, 70omm, f/5.6, 1/1600, ISO 800

arash_hazeghi
11-05-2014, 09:15 PM
I like the action, the OOF bird is somewhat distracting and I wish the front duck had a better wing position with less motion blur. The IQ isn't great, detail is lacking throughout the image.

TFS

Enrique Patino
11-05-2014, 10:23 PM
I like the action, the OOF bird is somewhat distracting and I wish the front duck had a better wing position with less motion blur. The IQ isn't great, detail is lacking throughout the image.

TFS

yes, I should have not posted on a critique forum... not that kind of image. i was just happy that the 7D2 seems to track way better than the 7D and cold not hold off my excitement (or could not wait for a day with good light) .. you know.. us not spoiled with top gear like you... ;)

thanks for your comments

arash_hazeghi
11-05-2014, 10:41 PM
yes, I should have not posted on a critique forum... not that kind of image. i was just happy that the 7D2 seems to track way better than the 7D and cold not hold off my excitement (or could not wait for a day with good light) .. you know.. us not spoiled with top gear like you... ;)

thanks for your comments

Hi Enrique,

I am glad you are liking the camera, please do share your results and they are welcome. For images that are primary for evaluation purpose you can also post in the gear forum where there are more technical discussions. In this forum we usually critique images as posted.

looking forward to more

cheers,

Arash

Enrique Patino
11-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Hi Enrique,

I am glad you are liking the camera, please do share your results and they are welcome. For images that are primary for evaluation purpose you can also post in the gear forum where there are more technical discussions. In this forum we usually critique images as posted.

looking forward to more

cheers,

Arash

Got it Boss! :)

Enrique Patino
11-06-2014, 12:00 AM
just so that is clear how much I had to correct for exposure. Here is the original... sorry if this is not the right forum for this... if it is a problem, please move

Ian Wilson
11-06-2014, 02:44 AM
Thanks Enrique, very interesting even if not the correct forum and I can understand your excitement. I am impressed that you have been able to pull up brightness so well on this image and look forward to seeing some more 7DII action shots. Regards, Ian