PDA

View Full Version : House Of Refuge

Don Lacy
11-03-2014, 08:01 PM
I will be heading out to Moab Utah in four days for seven days of shooting arches and canyons, but before I leave here is a beach scene from this morning of a new area I recently discovered that holds a lot of potential. This is a three image blend to hold detial in the beach, sky, and sun burst

6D, 16-35 f/4 IS ( love the detail and sharpness of this lens), Manual Mode, Evaluative Metered, shot at f/22 to slow the water and create the sunburst

Andrew McLachlan
11-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Hi Don, have a great trip to Moab...someday I need to travel down through the US ti visit these destinations. You have captured a lovely scene here. I love the sunburst and the foreground shadows cast by the sun...perfect blur to the ocean waves and nice details in the clouds too. :cheers:

Dvir Barkay
11-04-2014, 01:53 AM
very nice with the blurred ocean and starburst. I would actually brighten the sun up a bit even if it blows the highlights a bit as I find that the sun needs to look a little blown out to make the image really natural (to our eyes its super blown out as well).

Don Railton
11-04-2014, 04:22 AM
this is Sweet Don, love that water sheet... and happy hunting..

Don

Dave Mills
11-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Very nice Don...I like it as is...

Morkel Erasmus
11-04-2014, 05:50 PM
I really like this, Don! Exposure, composition, contrast, details, all great! (though I agree with Dvir on the sun being a bit too muddied)
:5