PDA

View Full Version : Another Kitten Pic

Mitch Carucci
11-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Topaz Impression.

Nancy Bell
11-03-2014, 05:45 PM
I like the rim light around the cat, but I think I would also like to see the face with more light, or brightened. Those brighter tans in the bkgd pull my eye away from the cat. I really look those short, strong painting strokes in the bkgd and those colors. You're making a good case to add Impression to my collection of Topaz programs.

Dennis Bishop
11-03-2014, 08:59 PM
I like the image. Both the colors and the backlighting are appealing. However, I'd suggest a couple changes. The first would be to take advantage of those eyes. I applied a Levels layer with both the white and the black sliders moved toward the center. Like Nancy, I find the brighter tans of the background a bit distracting. To remedy that, I selected the color and applied two adjustment layers: Curves to darken the selected color and Hue/Saturation to lower its saturation.

gary ellwein
11-04-2014, 02:37 PM
Cats are great subjects. I agree with Nancy and Dennis's critique. Dennis's redo accentuates the cat. I have no experience with Topaz Impression.

Mitch Carucci
11-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Dennis,

I like what you did. The eyes have brightened up, and the clouds have receded into the background. All improvements.

Thanks.

Mitch

Kerry Perkins
11-05-2014, 12:31 AM
I'm a sucker for cat pictures, and cats for that matter. Impression is working nicely for you here; I do like the rework by Dennis. Tough lighting situation could be helped by a radial filter in the camera raw filter, place one over the face and lighten it a bit perhaps.

Anita Bower
11-05-2014, 06:39 AM
I couldn't say it better than Nancy. This kitty is adorable. I like the way Dennis brightened the eyes. I think something between the OP and Dennis' version.