PDA

View Full Version : Delphi

Dvir Barkay
11-02-2014, 02:00 PM

The famous Athena Pronaia Sanctuary at Delphi. A magical sight. Here it is just after sunset, I was a bit late getting there for the sunset, although it was a hazy and unspectacular sunset. This type of light at least helps add some definition to the stonework.

Sony A77, Sony 16-50@50mm, F/9, ISO 320, Polarizing filter, Delphi in Greece, 2014

Hazel Grant
11-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Interesting light. It does give some definition to the stonework. Picky items? Seems it needs a very slight rotation to the left. And I would delete that road in the bkgrd that leads like a snake from the upper right corner of the columns. Distracts because it attaches to the column visually.

Don Railton
11-03-2014, 09:00 AM
Hi Dvir, I think Hazel have raised a good point with that road, especially the bit above the structure... the tree RHS is a little dark and with heavy shadows. Agree the subdued light works well with the greys..

DON

Andrew McLachlan
11-03-2014, 08:41 PM
Hi Dvir, ditto on the road. I do agree it would be nice to lighten up the trees a touch and Nik's Detail Extractor would help emphasize the stonework's detail.

Morkel Erasmus
11-04-2014, 09:38 AM
The light really does make this very nice - compared to some of the other shots from this trip that you posted in harsh light for sure.
I don't mind the road at all :e3. I would dodge the highlights on the stonework a bit though?