PDA

View Full Version : Brugmansia

Ron Conlon
11-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Also angel's trumpet, or a woody form of Datura, which often flowers prolifically for us during the summer, when the blooms quickly age. I had put this plant away to dry out to move inside for the winter, but it remained mild and it bloomed some more so I brought it out again. This time the blooms retained their freshness. The blooms are also quite large, which makes capturing them in a photo challenging so I chose one before it opened.

Stacked photos taken in a lightbox. D5100 200mm iso100 f6.3 1/200s remote flash. 15 frames because it was pointed at the camera so there was a lot of depth to cover on this large bloom.

John Robinson
11-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Nicely stacked Ron. Good idea doing it un opened too ! One of my favourite flowers. Mine are white. Lots of people don't like them here because of their so called poisonous bits !!
Cheers
John

Linda Dulak
11-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Ron: Lovely! I like the wonderful edges of fuzzy little bits. I've tried numerous times to get photograph these flowers at Longwood Gardens. I like the idea of photographing a flower unopened to be able to get the detail. I've never tried stacking but it works well on this image.

Linda

Ron Conlon
11-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Thanks, John and Linda. I too have wanted to do justice to the open flowers. I have carved out permanent space for my light box set up, now I need a larger light box to accommodate larger objects--the open bloom is too big for my current one. Thanks again.

Steve Maxson
11-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Hi Ron. Amazing detail captured with your setup and the stacking! I really like the directional look of the lighting with the flower "reaching" toward the light! Very well done!

Diane Miller
11-05-2014, 10:56 AM
I love these flowers and the lighting and stack here are wonderful! Beautiful color too!

Dvir Barkay
11-05-2014, 08:58 PM
very nice focus stack can never get it right. Love the backround as well.

Jonathan Ashton
11-07-2014, 12:05 PM
A really unusual subject beautifully exposed and detailed, well done.