PDA

View Full Version : Book Ends

Randy Stout
11-01-2014, 07:38 AM
This pair of trumpeter swans was imaged last weekend at the local bird sanctuary. These are wild birds, but do like the corn that visitors sometimes feed them (not me this day!)

D4 600VR f/5 ISO 640 1/6400s Manual

In retrospect, should have used smaller f/stop, but had been working to isolate single birds when these two drifted in.

Advice and comments always appreciated.

Cheers

Randy

Marina Scarr
11-01-2014, 08:47 AM
First of all, great title! Loving the hint of feathers on the left beak and the white on black. Stunning light and nice details in your whites. I'm torn on whether I'd consider a crop with some off of the bottom.

Steve Kaluski
11-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Hi Randy, cool sighting, nice to see they were accommodating, but well timed.

Taking out the Blue helps, but remember to change the Blend Mode. If you have it, then a tad more Image content below would be nice, it's a wee bit tight for me.

TFS
Steve

John Cooper
11-01-2014, 10:38 PM
A very dramatic presentation of the trumpeters Randy with the white subjects portrayed against the very dark water. I think your crop makes for a strong composition.
The title is very fitting :S3:

christopher galeski
11-02-2014, 01:45 AM
nice capture Randy,like the FG,BG,dark with a nice ruddy color in the top corner's,like the title.

Daniel Cadieux
11-02-2014, 11:14 AM
I agree the title is clever! Pretty neat scene, I like the whites against the dark BG. I'm with Marina in thinking about less below and although I realize it may just be an illusion it looks like the image could use a very bit of CCW rotation.

John Robinson
11-02-2014, 05:25 PM
I agree a bit of CCW rotation but a very striking and strong image as is.
JohnR

Binu John
11-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Beautiful low-key shot! Excellent composition and exposure. TFS