Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-29-2014, 11:45 PM
EOS 7D
70-200 f/2.8 II L
145mm
f/5
1/1250
ISO 800
We got real close to these guys and it was great to see them up close. They were quiet huge!

Steve Kaluski
10-30-2014, 12:56 PM
Hi Sanjeev, nice light, but have you any more room on the LHS? As per the previous image, I think you could have got a bit more DoF out from the techs. Like the Ox P on the back, but would have preferred not to have the other Rhino in shot.

TFS
Steve

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-30-2014, 12:59 PM
Yes Steve, the is more room on the left but there was a third rhino's rear sticking into the frame. So I had to crop this way or will have to clone that out. Thanks.

Carl Walker
10-30-2014, 02:15 PM
Great light Sanjeev. Quite like the play of shadows on its flank.TFS

Rachel Hollander
10-30-2014, 06:52 PM
Hi Sanjeev - It's always great to see a rhino and to see more than one is even better. I agree with Steve about it would be better if the second rhino wasn't in the bg or at least not intersecting and moving away. If this were mine I would tame the highlights with a luminosity mask, drop the yellows overall and the blue on the hide, and then give the midtones a boost.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-30-2014, 11:00 PM
Thanks everyone. Rachel, the time was late afternoon/evening and light was kinda golden so I had left it as it is. But I agree on reducing the blues and yellows a bit and push the midtones to give better definition.

Douglas Bolt
10-31-2014, 07:58 AM
Any photo of a rhino is going to interest me. The crop does seem to be a bit tight, but understandable. I wonder if you have considered blurring the second rhino and darkening (vignette) around the edges to focus attention more on the animal and to maybe reduce the visual effect of the shadows on the rhino.

Andreas Liedmann
10-31-2014, 09:42 AM
Hi Sanjeev sweet light in this frame and always good to see a healthy looking Rhino .On my recent trip i saw in one day 40 -50 of these guys , made me really happy !!!! The biggest number was 7 of them around one mud pool on that day .

Good suggestion made by Rachel regarding color/tones .I am fine with the Rhino in the back even if not ideal

TFS Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-31-2014, 12:45 PM
Thanks Andreas, WOW 40-50 in a day is really awesome! Lucky you! Looking forward to more images from you.