PDA

View Full Version : Bird Photography Trip November 2014

Oliver Geiseler
10-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Dear community,

I am starting a trip to Florida in a few days and I would highly appreciate your thoughts on my recent plans for bird photography. In advance, thank you Marina for the link to this forum!

1 day Naples: Marco Island
3 days Ft. Myers/Cape Coral: Estero Island, library at Cape Coral for the owls, Sanibel Island, perhaps Bunche Beach (thank you Marina!)
2 days around Tampa: Fort DeSoto Park, perhaps Myakka River State Park or Cirlce B Bar Reserve
2 days Keys: Curry Hammock State Park, perhaps daytrip to the Dry Tortugas?

Beneath the burrowing owls, I would love to see and photograph bald eagles, as this might be a unique chance for me as European to see the bald eagles in their natural habitat. In addition I would be grateful for further tips or hints, especially for owls.

Thank you,
Oliver

Don Lacy
10-30-2014, 07:06 PM
Hi Oliver I would spend more then two days at Ft Desoto if you could and I think the best spot in Florida for Burrowing owls is on the East Coast at Brian Piccolo Park if you can make it over.

Oliver Geiseler
10-31-2014, 07:26 AM
Thank you, Don! I spend two more days in Fort Lauderdale, as my wife would like to add a shopping trip ;) therefore I think I will have a look at Brian Piccolo Park!