PDA

View Full Version : Orange Crush

Mike Moats
05-24-2008, 04:27 PM
One of many poppy shots I got in Oregon. This is a flower I've seen many times in magazines, and always thought I would love to shoot them. I finnally got my chance in Oregon and was happy with what I came home with. Fuji S5 Pr, Sigma 180 macro, Tripod, F3.5.

Ed Vatza
05-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Love it, Mike. I like the color, the softness, everything. Very dreamy image. At first, the second poppy in th background bothered me just a bit but I got over it! :)

John Cooper
05-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Yes it works for me Mike - has an ethereal feel about it. Reminds me some of George Lepp's Californian poppy images!

Gayle Clement
05-24-2008, 10:53 PM
Beautiful soft glowing orange.

Roman Kurywczak
05-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Hey Mike,
Because of you and Fabs..............I'm going to keep trying f3.5 shots even if it makes me nuts! This has a great feel to it. I've played with this one compositionally by cropping off 1/2 to 2/3 off the greenish space on the RH side. Seems to strenghten the lines a bit compositionally by pulling the flower a bit more to the right. Still debating the upper left grey area......but after I did the RH crop.........it didn't bother me as much. You continue to inspire.......so I'll keep trying!