PDA

View Full Version : Redfooted female: "I am ready..."

Brutus Ostling
05-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Female redfooted very clearly tells what she want. As I wrote further down, they may have been a young couple, their co-ordination and co-operation was not so good as some other couples. The male flew away instead....

I have cleaned the air from a few things in PS and also mirror turned it. (I don't know if that makes a difference on this one, though.).

I post it just to get you more of the "story", it's nothing special with it as a photo.

Arthur Morris
05-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Love the interaction. Please explain what you mean by "cleaned the air from a few things in PS."

Thanks!

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Wow awesome interaction and your timing was perfect. Love these action images Brutus and many thanks for sharing.

Brutus Ostling
05-25-2008, 02:32 AM
Love the interaction. Please explain what you mean by "cleaned the air from a few things in PS."

Thanks!

Similar **** to the mating photo, which I appearently did not clean. I must also learn to watch more carefully for dirt or dust in the sensor before posting.

By the way, I've been working all night with the photos to my new book this Year. And the comments here have been useful, not exactly to those photos commented, but I have for Example become aware of the fact that I can use the technique you learnt me much more, even on photos I wouldnt have tried before. That's the technique of selecting an area and using the multiplying effect in a layer. I have now used it on some photos which I probably wouldn't have used it on.

So it has been good education for me to visit this site;). There is a lot of people on this site which knows PS much better than me. Thanks.

I hope the sRGB works now. I just checked it.

Blake Shadle
05-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Great image, Brutus! I really love the strong composition of the birds as two opposing ends of the stick. The interaction is wonderful!

Brian Wong
05-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Hi Brutus!

I am enjoying all your postings, as well as this one with the really interesting interaction.

You have a dust spot above the right bird, and the dark horizontal band (with repeating patterns) in the background does not look natural. On my screen, the band also stops abruptly with a white halo region around the left bird. I might try some light selective "healing", and relatively low opacity cloning on a soft brush ... to easily even it all out.

You have incredible details, and I love the story!

Gayle Clement
05-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Beautiful action, Brutus. I love the fluffy feathers.